Twentieth Sunday after Pentecost
Christians around the world have differing opinions about how high their taxes should be. Yet most churches have taught that believers should support their government, at least when it is functioning honorably. Come to worship this Sunday, to hear Matthew's words about allegiance to country and to God, and join with the community to pray for wisdom to be God's people in our time and place.
If joining us on Facebook.com/ctkbozeman, here is this Sunday's bulletin.
Nursery care for children age four and under will be available during worship, in the nursery area. Sara, our Nursery Attendant, is glad to be back at CtK.
The service will be livestreamed on Facebook Sunday morning (watch on facebook.com/ctkbozeman), and available later in the week via recording on both Facebook, the CtK YouTube channel and here on our website.
In our prayers this week:
- All who have been evacuated from their homes or lost their homes (and income) due to wildfires, hurricanes, storms;
- Individuals who are ill, injured, or in special need, and those who have requested prayers: Mae, Edward, John, Robert, Randy, Brooke, Nevaeh, Dean, Eric, William, Butch, Bill, Duncan, Luke;
- All those affected by the corona virus around the world - those who are ill and healthcare workers caring for the infected;
- All students, parents, faculty and school administrators learning a new way of teaching/learning, whether it is in person or online learning, or both;
- Pastors, pastoral leaders, LPAs and congregation and ministry leaders across the synod as they find ways to serve their communities and congregations;
- Victims of violence, racism, and oppression;
- Families and individuals seeking asylum, all refugees, and children separated from their parents;
- Our bishops, the Rev. Dr. Laurie Jungling and the Rev. Elizabeth Eaton;
- These ministries of the Montana Synod and the ELCA: Trinity Lutheran, Culbertson; Zion Lutheran, Brockton; First Lutheran, Circle; and the South Central Synod of Wisconsin and the South East Michigan Synod.
You can give online to CtK, or send a check to the church (4383 Durston Road, Bozeman, MT 59718). You can also give by TEXT. Enter the amount you wish to give and text it to 406-510-0929. Follow the registration instructions. You will receive a verification text as well as a receipt via email.
You can also give by clicking on the green GIVE button on the Home page of this website.
Questions? Contact the church office (406-577-2382) for more information about giving electronically.
Thank you for your generosity!