Following some thoughtful discernment and prayer, the CtK Council and staff have agreed to offer worship in-person, beginning Sunday, February 7th, 2021 (10:00am).
If you plan to join us in-person, please review the guidelines posted below under Covid-19 Updates for October 9, 2020.
CtK's in-person worship services will be Livestreamed 10:00am Sunday mornings on the CtK YouTube Channel, Facebook page, and this website.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the church office, (577-2382),
Pastor Lindean or Pastor Grant.
New Job Posting: Worship Tech Support
Submit completed applications to the Church Office
Read our weekly e-newsletter here!
+ + + + + + + + + +
Many small groups have moved online.
Contact the church office (577-2382) for more information.
Have a prayer request?
Click on the "GIVE" button to support the ministries of
Christ the King Lutheran Church.
Thank you for your generosity.
October 9, 2020
For the time being, Sunday School and Adult Forum will not meet on Sunday mornings before worship. At-home Sunday School materials are available. Contact JP for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org. Adult Forum will meet on Zoom at 7:00pm Sunday evenings (see information below).
- Masks will be required in the building for everyone over the age of four years. (We have disposable adult and children size masks if you forget yours.)
- Only the Southeast entrance will be open (doors nearest the church office).
- One person/family will be admitted at a time (allowing for social distancing - please do not congregate in the entry way, stay six feet apart on the sidewalk).
- Your name and phone number will be recorded when you enter and you will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer.
- An usher will seat you (maintaining social distancing). Overflow seating will be in the social hall. Chances are good you'll get to worship in a new seat! (Think of it as the Spirit giving you a new perspective!)
- Please keep your coat and belongings with you in the sanctuary.
- No one will be allowed to wander the building.
- The restroom closest to the office will be the only restroom open Sunday morning.
- The nursery will be open for children age four and under.
- The cry room will be available for nursing moms and diaper changes (there is a newly installed diaper changing station in the office restroom).
During the worship service there will also be a few changes made, to limit contact with shared items and limit aerosols dispersed in the room:
- Bulletins with the whole service printed will be distributed and the liturgy will be projected. Bibles and hymnals have been removed from the pews. If you want to follow the readings in a Bible, feel free to bring your own, or use a Bible app on your phone!
- There will be no congregational singing.
- There will be no contact during passing of the peace. You can wave and smile (even under your mask).
- The offering plate will not be passed, but will be placed near the sanctuary doors to receive your offering.
- Ushers will direct the flow of traffic during communion.
- Communion cups (both wine and white grape juice) are spaced enough so there is no need to touch more than your cup. Communion preparers wear gloves and masks when setting up.
- Wafers will be distributed using tongs (both gluten free and regular wafers).
It is everyone's responsibility to pay close attention to their health and stay at home if they are unwell. Anyone experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, or who has been in contact with someone who is symptomatic or has had a positive Covid-19 test and is still contagious, should stay at home.
Here is a health self-assessment check list:
- Fever or feeling feverish
- A new cough
- Shortness of breath
- A new sore throat
- New muscle aches
- New headache
- New loss of smell or taste
- Awaiting Covid-19 test results
- Have been told to quarantine or isolate for any reason
If you have any of these, please remain at home and contact your health care provider. We cannot state this enough . . . If you are sick, please stay at home! Help stop the spread of germs!
If you join us for in-person worship Sunday mornings, and become ill during the worship service, please inform an usher and they will assist you when exiting the facility, and then let the staff know. If you joined us for worship and later find you are experiencing symptoms, please contact a member of the CtK staff immediately (577-2382).
We all need to do our part to keep our community healthy, safe and Covid free. That said, it is impossible to eliminate all risk. If you are especially vulnerable, please worship at home, the service will be livestreamed each Sunday at 10:00am at facebook.com/ctkbozeman and posted later on Facebook and YouTube.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
November 17, 2020
Due to the skyrocketing number of Covid-19 cases, an emergency meeting of the CtK Council was held earlier this week. Discussion was held and it was decided to cancel all "In Person" worship services at Christ the King after this Sunday (November 22nd).
Beginning Sunday, November 29th (First Sunday of Advent), worship services will be recorded and offered via Facebook.com/ctkbozeman, YouTube and a link here on this website.
If you or your family would like to participate in these recordings, please contact Media Coordinator, Tana Malmo, email@example.com or call the church office, 577-2382.