- We USUALLY meet at 4383 Durston Road in beautiful Bozeman, Montana, for
- worship every Sunday at 10:00am (now through October 4th on the lawn) remember to bring a chair and/or a blanket to sit on...maybe your umbrella also!
- Christian education for ALL ages, prior to worship (9:15-9:45am) during the school year
- many wonderful opportunities to learn and serve
throughout the week
Many small groups have moved online.
Contact the church office (577-2382) for more information.
You can also join us online for worship: service for September 20th, 2020 on YouTube.
Order of worship for September 20th - Sixteenth Sunday after Pentecost on the lawn and Live-streamed via Facebook.org/ctkbozeman
Read our weekly e-newsletter here!
Click on the "GIVE" button to support the ministries of
Christ the King Lutheran Church.
Thank you for your generosity.
September 14, 2020
At their regular monthly meeting the Council discussed and decided to begin meeting for worship in the sanctuary on Sunday, October 11th, 2020 at 10:00am (unless there is a mandate from the Governor's office, then meeting in person will be revisited at that time.) Services will continue to be Live-streamed via Facebook.com/ctkbozeman and the CtK YouTube channel, for those who cannot meet in person at this time.
June 3, 2020
Our Council, in consultation with CtK staff, voted to begin gathering for in-person worship on Wednesday evenings, beginning June 10th. Special events (weddings/funerals) may be conducted in the building, at the discretion of CtK staff, and according to current guidelines from the CDC and Gallatin City-County Health officials.
Wednesday evening services will be outside, on the main CtK lawn.
If you plan to attend, please bring your own seating (picnic blanket, lawn or camp chair) as we will not be moving chairs out from the social hall. We encourage the wearing of masks and social distancing, even outside.
The building will be unlocked for restroom access (though we encourage you to use the facilities at home before you arrive, to minimize the traffic in the building).
April 27, 2020
Our Congregation Council voted to keep our building closed through Phase I of Governor Bullock's Phased Reopening Plan. Please continue to "join" us for worship online.
April 3, 2020
Most of our small groups and many meetings have moved to "gathering" online, using either Zoom or WebEx. We also have an online "coffee hour" at 11:00am on Sunday mornings, on Zoom. If you would like to participate, please contact the church office for the meeting codes. In an effort to deter inappropriate content from unknown users, we are not sharing Zoom links online, only by email (links are included in the weekly email updates).
March 15, 2020
After worship this morning, the CtK council voted to suspend gatherings (including worship) and activities until further notice. For now, the church office will remain open for regular hours, M: 8am-12pm; Tu-Th: 8am-5pm; F: 8am-2pm.
Please know these decisions were not made lightly. Part of what makes CtK such a vibrant congregation is our intentionally inter-generational community gathering together. Not gathering will be difficult.
Staff are already hard at work on plans to mitigate that loss of in-person community. If you are a member of CtK, chances are good you'll be getting a phone call from a staff or council member in the next several days. Pastors and worship leaders will be recording and posting services and resources online, which should help with the livestream glitches we experienced this morning due to heavy traffic on Facebook. We will also be sending prayers and links via email. If you do not receive an email from the CtK office in the next day or two, and would like to receive them, please let the church office know, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, church is not the building; church is the people, and church is not cancelled.
We pray that our efforts to slow down the spread of the corona virus will help fewer people get sick, and help make sure that those who do become ill can receive all the care they will need.
March 13, 2020
Here at CtK, the staff and council are monitoring updates about COVID19, and prayerfully considering actions we might take. Here are some updates:
- If you are at all unwell, even with "just a sniffle" - PLEASE STAY HOME.
- If you are over 60 years old or have a medical condition which makes you at higher risk, please consider staying home, and practicing "social distancing."
- Beginning this Sunday, we will livestream worship at 10:00am on the CtK Facebook page. To view it on your phone, you'll need to log in to Facebook. To view it without logging in, use a computer and go to: www.facebook.com/ctkbozeman
- Sharing the peace of the Lord will be hands-free - bow, use ASL, offer jazz hands, or any other sign of peace that is no-contact.
- We will not pass offering plates. There will be one offering plate near the baptismal font - please place your offering/tithe in it as you enter or leave the sanctuary. Now might be a great time to check out options for giving electronically! Call Dawn in the church office for more information (577-2382).
- Those serving bread or gluten free wafers for Holy Communion will wash their hands in the sacristy during the offering. Others will use hand sanitizer.
- After-worship fellowship food and beverages will be served from the kitchen by servers wearing gloves (even coffee). Please be patient.
- Since spring break is next week (3/16-3/20), we've decided NOT to have midweek soup supper on the 18th. We WILL gather for worship (Holden Evening Prayer this week) at 6:30pm. This service will also be livestreamed on the CtK Facebook page.
- Pastor Grant will be reaching out to the members of CtK most vulnerable to the new corona virus. If you would like a pastoral call, please let the church office know.
- Additional steps will be taken as needed as things change. We will post the most recent information here on the home page of the website.